Elisha Cuthbert International Website® - Elisha Fans Network™

Elisha Cuthbert International Website® - Elisha Fans Network™ (https://www.elishanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Videoclips (https://www.elishanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Movie recommendations! (https://www.elishanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=525)

AG 01-15-2007 12:29 AM

Movie recommendations!

Here's a brand new idea here at the Elisha Cuthbert International Forum, today 15-01-2007:

This thread will be as long as the "what music are you listening to at the moment" thread luckily.

In this thread people will post a movie recommendation, along with some very short summary/story/review of the film and it's www.IMDB.com link.

I'll start with the movie: My Super Ex-Girlfriend

summary:
Our boyfriend (Luke Wilson) is coerced into asking a seemingly harmless, pretty young lady (Uma Thurman) out on a first date. Little does he know that she is a vengeful, spiteful, rather overbearing woman masquerading as a normal citizen. Break her heart and she'll break your neck. When Matt Saunders meets Jenny Johnson, he thinks he's found the perfect girl. However, he decides to break things off with her when she becomes too needy, controlling, and jealous. Jenny doesn't take it well and decides to get back at him by using her superpowers, as it turns out Jenny is a superhero named G-Girl. Meanwhile, Matt and his co-worker, Hannah start to have a romance with each other which sends Jenny over the edge. :super-ownage:

I really liked this movie - I'd love to have Elisha as super-girlfriend.:ownage3:
My life would rock! Literally.....:smile:

Skavenger 01-15-2007 12:18 PM

Re: Movie recommendations!

The Three Musketeers

The three best of the disbanded Musketeers - Athos (Kiefer Sutherland), Porthos (Oliver Platt), and Aramis (Charlie Sheen) - join a young hotheaded would-be-Musketeer, D'Artagnan (Chris O'Donnell), to stop the Cardinal Richelieu's (Tim Curry) evil plot: to form an alliance with enemy England by way of the mysterious Milady (Rebecca De Mornay). Rochefort (Michael Wincott), the Cardinal's right-hand man, announces the official disbanding of the King's Musketeers. Three, however, refuse to throw down their swords - Athos the fighter and drinker, Porthos the pirate and lover, and Aramis the priest and poet. Arriving in Paris to join the Musketeers, D'Artagnan uncovers the Cardinal's plans, and the four set out on a mission to protect King and Country.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108333/

I watched this on tv last night hehe. It's a fantastic family movie, and you'd have to be mad not to like it.

Dazz 01-15-2007 12:30 PM

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang 2005

My favourite movie of all time! If you can stand the swearing (which occurs much more commonly that I would like or is necessary) and have a funny bone, you'll love it.

The movie is narrated by small-time crook Harry Lockhart, played by Robert Downey Jr. Harry is self-aware and talks to the audience at various times through the movie. (See also the theatre concept of the fourth wall and metafiction). In the final scene, Lockhart and Gay Perry, played by Val Kilmer, speak to the camera; the latter says that the Best Boy is "someone's nephew".

Harry finds himself caught up in an acting audition by mistake when he is running away from police after a failed robbery. Posing as an actor, he is brought to Hollywood for an audition, where he meets private-eye Gay Perry, who is there to aid Harry in research for his role in the movie.

Harry is introduced to Hollywood parties and meets his childhood dream-girl, Harmony Lane (played by Michelle Monaghan), who in fact, back in high school, had sex with everyone but Harry. The story sees all three finding themselves involved in murder cases similar to the detective stories which Harry and Harmony grew up reading.

edited by admin: I told you to add the imdb.com link
Here it is: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0373469/

Boggy 01-15-2007 01:20 PM

Lost Highway

Another time, director David Lynch ("Mulholland Drive","Twin Peaks") shows us his enormous ability to create a surrealistic movie full of questions and open to interpretation.
The Saxophonist Fred Madison (Bill Pullman) finds regularly videos showing his house's exterior and interior. Later one of the videos shows himself killing his wife (Patricia Arquette). After being imprisoned the non-linearity begins as Fred seems to turn into a teen called Pete (Balthazar Getty) in a colourful world (or time) full of sex and conspiracies.
Actually, the movie is as confusing as we could expect it from a Lynch one. Either you just accept this complex audio-visual experience or you try to understand the non-linear and sometimes paradox story but then you gotta have to watch this masterpiece more than once.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116922/

RaYder 01-15-2007 02:03 PM

SuperMan Returns (2006)

Link: http://imdb.com/title/tt0348150/

After eliminating General Zod & the other Kryptonian arch-villains, Ursa & Non, Superman leaves Earth to try to find his former home world of Krypton after astronomers have supposedly found it. When he finds nothing but remnants, he returns home to Earth - to find out that Lois Lane is engaged to a relative of his boss, and that Lex Luthor is at it again - after swindling an elderly, terminally ill woman. The psychopathic Luthor, whose plans to destroy California failed because of Superman's heroics, vows vengeance against the Man of Steel and contrives a new sinister plot - using the crystals of Krypton to build a continent that will wipe out most of North America! Embedded in the continent's structure is Kryptonite - the lethal substance that is Superman's only weakness. Upon learning of Luthro's sinister scheme, Superman must again race against time to stop the psychopathic Luthor before millions - possibly billions - are killed.

(LS i saw that movie it's a very good movie :) )

AG 01-15-2007 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaYder (Post 5939)
(LS i saw that movie it's a very good movie :) )

No kidding?! Re-he-he-heally?:super-ownage:That's why we recommend them: beacause they are good.

Johnny Curly 01-15-2007 06:45 PM

When A Stranger Calls

Genres: Suspense/Horror and Thriller

Running Time: 1 hr. 39 min.

Release Date: February 3rd, 2006 (limited)

MPAA Rating: PG-13 for intense terror, violence and some language.

Plot Outline : During an otherwise routine babysitting gig, a high-school student is harassed by an increasingly threatening prank caller.

personal comments : I really enjoyed watching this movie though it scared the crap outa me. Camilla Belle is so freakin' hawt. Gotta admit - I kinda got infatuated with her since I saw The Quiet ! :ownage-ride1:

imdb link : When A Stranger Calls

Andy 01-15-2007 10:00 PM

Okay, I've got about 200 movies or so on DVD, and I think I'll post most of them here... within the next year :biggrin:

Stigmata

Father Andrew Kiernan (Gabriel Byrne), a researcher of miracles on behalf of the Vatican, must discover the truth behind hairdresser Frankie Paige (Patricia Arquette), who exhibits the Stigmata, the physical wounds Christ received from his crucifixion. His investigation is riddled with questions as he is torn between helping Frankie and revealing the discovery of a long-lost Gospel that would spell disaster for the future of the Catholic church.

Rated R for intense violent sequences, language and some sexuality.
Runtime: 103 min

Great movie, very thrilling, and an imo great plot (at least if you are a little bit interested in religion)! And also the movie itself has a great look, very stylish!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0145531/

I think my next post will be "Braindead" (aka "Dead Alive"), one of Peter Jackson's (yep, the one from LOTR) first movies ever! And it's a very funny splatter ... who did expect that? :giggle:

Dazz 01-16-2007 07:10 AM

I just saw Blood Diamond today and although its rather violent, I thought it was fantastic.

Set against the backdrop of the chaos and civil war that enveloped 1990s Sierra Leone, Blood Diamond is the story of Danny Archer (DiCaprio), an ex-mercenary from Zimbabwe, and Solomon Vandy (Hounsou), a Mende fisherman. Both men are African, but their histories and their circumstances are as different as any can be until their fates become joined in a common quest to recover a rare pink diamond, the kind of stone that can transform a life... or end it.

Edited by admin:
Here's the imdb link. Please remember to add it yourself next time. :rolleyes: :giggle:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0450259/

Andy 01-16-2007 11:08 PM

Okay, gotta post this gem :smile:

Braindead (aka Dead Alive)

A poisonous Sumatran rat-monkey is taken from an island to a zoo in New Zealand. Lionel takes his new girlfriend Paquita there. His pain-in-the-ass mother follows him, probably suffering from some kind of reverse Oedipus complex. She is bitten by the monkey and gradually dies and turns into a zombie. Then she goes around hunting people, and everybody she bites also turn into zombies. Lionel has bigger and bigger problems fighting the zombies and hiding them from Paquita and the rest of the world. Finally, Lionel and Paquita get into a fight with hundreds of zombies during a party of unwanted guests at Lionel's home.

Runtime: 107 min (uncut blood edition)
Banned in Germany :giggle:

Well, what can I say... definitely a classic (it's from 1992), one of Peter Jackson's first movies. Extremely gory and bloody, but not just stupid zombie killing, there's a hilarious sense of humor throughout the movie! Great entertainment! :smile:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103873/