Elisha Cuthbert International Website® - Elisha Fans Network™
Old 02-06-2006, 05:48 AM
Say hello to the bad guy

Default 24 Season 5 (Warning! Contains Spoilers!)

I watched episodes 5 and 6 yesterday, so I'm up to speed, but I'll usually be a week behind. So if people don't mind, I'd like to start with 1-6 only this week.

Ok then, as usual, I'm on the edge of my seat with this program. It's so exciting! The first episode was very promising, even with such a cruel opening of Palmer and Michelle dying within 13 minutes. Do Tony and Michelle ever get a break?! But the ending of 6 was a bit of a let down, saying the nerve gas would be used against the US, which was obvious. It's almost like they've been rotating between nuclear weapons and viruses/gases since Season 2. But I've always been more than satisfied with this before, Palmer always saved it from being "too American." I suppose it has to be an attack on the US, just I loved the way it was looking like it would all be based around Palmer's assassination and luring Jack out of hiding. It was great the way he affected each episode, like his notes and his phone call. I just hope it will remain a sub plot at least instead of just a build up to the nerve gas taking over. The sub plot in Season 3 was possibly my favourite with Palmer, his brother and the affair. It would be fascinating if the Chinese became involved again, because 24 has never had a major continuation before between series. I still have faith in the rest of the series, especially the way terrorists are Russian, not Arab. Given all that's gone on in real life in the last few years I don't think I could've taken any more. I'm enjoying every minute and the next 4 episodes can't go wrong anyway, Elisha! I'm not sure if she'll be furious with Jack first or just cry. But she should have expected this, because to quote Ramon in Season 3, "that man has more lives than a cat." Finally, here's some things from each episode.

1. The music when the first lady ran out wanting to speak to her husband was hilarious, and it did it a couple more times in episode 6. You just take one look at Spenser and know he's the traitor in CTU, there always is one. Cool line in the helicopter when Jack is asked who he is, "someone who's not supposed to be alive."

2. Jack knocks out an FBI agent and switches their clothes, within 1 minute lol. Chloe says "his daughter", referring to Elisha. Jack asked Chloe how Kim was in the prequel, they're the only 2 mentions of her. Powerful scene with Wayne and Jack. You can read "divorce was inevitable" in Palmer's memoirs, haha. I doubt he would ever say "it's hardly a matter of national security," doesn't sound like him. A big thumbs up to Sky 1 for showing the airport scene in the preview ads, ruins the anticipation of the landing helicopter.

3. Great episode, Jack going Die Hard style, only this isn't the 80's and we have camera phones now. This is Logan's worst couple of hours. He's incredibly arrogant to CTU and his ordered phone call provokes the first killing, and actually admits at the end he's concerned about his legacy. At first I thought such a cowardly, indecisive man could never be president realistically, then I realised what I was saying!

4. I had a feeling the hobbit (McGill) would pick up on Jack's under duress code and prove to be useful. Genius ending to the hostage situation.

5. Anyone else wonder how the doctor didn't smell the chloroform on Martha's mouth? Hilarious staring scene with Edgar and Chloe. Sweet ending from Jack, "I'm not CTU. I'll go get Walt Cummings myself."

6. Cummings admission to Logan is pure insanity! It was a real shocker I thought, that that's what he meant by his only choice after Jack found out about him. Another great Palmer connection here. Jack manages to get into Logan's office solely on the trust and respect between him, Novick and Agent Pierce. Jack says 'coup d'etat', pronounced 'koo day-tah.' Great stuff.

Last edited by Sentinel; 03-01-2006 at 07:42 PM.
sponsor links
Old 02-06-2006, 08:41 PM
Lady on the Forum

Default Re: 24 Season 5 (Warning! Contains Spoilers!)

Well Karl, I guess I'll see tonight what Elisha is wearing. I'm so excited I can't stand it!!! Don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight afterwards!!!
Old 02-09-2006, 09:01 PM
Lady on the Forum

Just so everybody knows Elisha was not in last weeks episode! She will first appear in this coming Monday's episode February 13. I was not a happy camper when the show on Monday ended without an appearance by the lovely and talented Kim.
Old 02-10-2006, 03:31 AM
Marine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notknow35
Just so everybody knows Elisha was not in last weeks episode! She will first appear in this coming Monday's episode February 13. I was not a happy camper when the show on Monday ended without an appearance by the lovely and talented Kim.
as was I, as was I....
Old 02-13-2006, 09:03 PM
Say hello to the bad guy

Thank God I knew beforehand and didn't get my hopes up. All round, it was a poor episode. The end of 6 didn't look promising and so it proved I felt. I like it when series start with one thing and break into something new but there's 17 episodes left and it looks like Palmer's death is almost irrelevant now, and Michelle's was pointless, it was proved Jack didn't do it within 2 episodes. Elisha will be a new twist but I hope there's more.
Old 02-14-2006, 07:03 PM
Lady on the Forum

First off I have to agree with Sentinel...last weeks episode was a let down, not just b/c of the lack of Elisha but the story line wasn't that great.
Second... I'm sorry to say but Elisha wasn't in last nights episode either (February 13). I think that is episode 7...I was SOOO dissapointed and several things in my house are broken now . Just wanted to let you all know. Last night's episode was better than last weeks though...alas, still no Elisha.
Old 03-01-2006, 07:50 PM
Say hello to the bad guy

I didn't think 8 was much better either, felt a little 'cheap' to use one cannister for an episode. As for episode 9, it was a little strange two episodes went by with no follow up to Kim's phonecall, but all round it was fantastic. It's like they were listening to me and did a complete u-turn! The main bad guy I thought would bore me with yet more cannisters, dies in the first minute lol. The next attack is on American soil, but the Russian president, great stuff. If it had ended half through I'd still have been happy, and the ending was even better.
Old 03-01-2006, 08:01 PM
Lady on the Forum

I agree with you Karl. It seems that the writers have redeemed themselves...for now. lol The things that bored us with the last two episodes are gone and the plot for 9 was way better. The episodes are slowly getting better and we all know the ones with Elisha are going to be just great. I know I can't wait.
Old 03-03-2006, 07:21 PM
Lethal Ninja

Interested in some caps? I'm not sure what thread, if any, that these will go in, so I put them in the spoiler thread, just to be safe.

Old 03-03-2006, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowNinja
Interested in some caps? I'm not sure what thread, if any, that these will go in, so I put them in the spoiler thread, just to be safe.

Where did you get those from? I don't remember seeing her in any episode up to episode 10.. where are those caps from? What is the first episode she appears in? Thanks. :)